CAT Tourniquet (Combat Application Tourniquet)
The Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) is a small and lightweight one-handed tourniquet that completely occludes arterial blood flow in an extremity. The C-A-T uses a Self-Adhering Band and a Friction Adaptor Buckle to fit a wide range of extremities combined with a one-handed windlass system. The windlass uses a free moving internal band to provide true circumferential pressure to an extremity. The windlass is then locked in place; this requires only one hand, with the Windlass Clip. The C-A-T also has a Hook-and-Loop Windlass Strap for further securing of the windlass during patient transport.
The innovations in the C-A-T® are protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253.
- Windlass rod is twice as strong as before with an increased diameter and improved grip
- Reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a writeable area to record the time of application
- Featuring NAR’s Red Tip Technology® with a red elliptical tip to assist user in locating and threading during application
- Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- One-handed application tourniquet
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253
- Packaged: L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.
- Open Length: 37.5 in.
- Weight: 2.7 oz