- Ball Bearing Construction: Pulley sheave mounted on ball bearings for maximum efficiency.
- CE Certification: Testing performed by an independant lab to ensure the product meets the appropriate specification.
- Certification: Certified to ANSI Z359.4 – Safety Requirements for Assisted-Rescue and Self-Rescue Systems, Subsystems and Components
- Certification: Certified to EN 12841C – Personal Fall Protection Equipment – Rope Adjustment Devices – Descenders
- Certification: Certified to EN 15151-2 – Mounaaineering Equipment – Breaking/Belay Devices
- Certification: Certified to EN 341 – Personal Fall Protection Equipment – Descenders
- Certification: Certified to NFPA 1983 – Standard on Life Safety Rope and Equipment for Emergency Services – General Use
- CMC Machined: CNC machined construction from aluminum billet.
The CLUTCH is the latest evolution in rope rescue and rope access handled descenders that enables the technical rope rescue and access professional to do more with less. This multi-purpose device was designed and engineered in collaboration by two companies with a collective 90 year history in rope management under heavy loads. CMC, a company with roots in rescue and rope access, and Harken Industrial, a manufacturing company with roots in high performance sailing. Designed for intuitive, efficient operation, ease of use and optimal control, the CLUTCH is suited to a multitude of rigging operations.
- Single wearable tool suited for efficient hauling, controlled lowering, smooth personal descent, easy ascending and belaying.
- Stainless steel ratcheting and rotating sheave provides efficient and audible progress capture.
- Rope loading/unloading is secured with an innovative double-latched side plate design that is independent of the device‘s attachment point.
- Anti-Panic brake and force limiting features ensure operational safety and overload protection.
- Machined aluminum chassis clad with stainless steel wear guards ensures lightweight durability.
- Integrated becket allows for direct connection of mechanical advantage systems.
- The only 10.5-11.5mm rope diameter compatible device certified to NFPA 1983 (G-Rated), ANSI Z359.4 and EN 12841/C, 341/2A, and 15151/8.
- The CLUTCH and CMC’s G11 Lifeline can be used together to build NFPA G-Rated systems using 11mm rope, saving space and reducing weight.
- Patent pending.
- Rope Size: 10.5 – 11.5mm (7/16 IN)
- Weight: 836g (1.84 lbs)
- Dimensions: 208 X 112 X 47mm (8.2 X 4.4 X 1.9 IN)
- Max Load: 272kg (600 LBS)
- Minimum Breaking Strength: Pulley 40 KN (8,992 LBF) / Becket 22 KN (4496 LBF)
- Certifications: NFPA 1983 (2017 ED) GENERAL USE; ANSI/ASSE Z359.4-2013; EN 12841: 2006/C; EN 341: 2011/2A; EN 15151-1: 2012/8
- Color: Graphite (Grey)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.