Built for extreme work environments, Texora’s Black Mamba represents a breakthrough in technical safety and versatility. Its para-aramid fiber core has a 450ºC (842ºF) melting point, and high durability. The PES elastane sheath protects and contains the inner fibers in a lightweight, low-profile, and easy to handle package. Classified to EN standards for two person loads and rated to 49 kN (11,016 LBF) MBS, the Mamba is burly for anchor building and compact enough to carry on the harness or in a pocket. It’s the ideal tool for rescue and access in harsh conditions.
- CE Certification: Testing performed by an independent lab to ensure the product meets the appropriate specification.
- Certifcation: Certified to EN 354 – Personal fall protection equipment – Lanyards
- Certification: EN 795 Class B – Personal Fall Protection Equipment – Anchor Devices
The breaking force of this equipment exceeds requirements of the listed standards, yet it remains supple, lightweight, and low volume. Black Mamba slings are firm and flexible, maintaining their shape when wrapping around overhead structures or getting into hard to reach places. Their high strength opens options for using choker configuration (girth hitch). There is no heavy hardware to carry and maintain, and it packs down nicely for transport.
NOTE: It is essential to follow best practices for inspecting equipment, placing slings around low diameter structures, and using edge protection. The Black Mamba’s polyester sheath is not a replacement for edge protection. It encapsulates the strength-bearing para-aramid core and is designed for limited protection against the elements. If proper edge protection is neglected, the sheath can be damaged to the point of needing retirement. Always evaluate the anchor and environment, utilizing appropriate edge protection for the application. Take care of the Mamba and the Mamba will take care of you. See the product manual for details.
- Versatile anchor sling and lanyard for rescue and access
- Strong and durable with 49 kN MBS (11,016 LBF) end to end
- Classified to EN standards and rated for a two-person load
- Internal core: Para-Aramid Fiber, melting point 450ºC (842ºF)
- External cover: Polyester Elastane Sheath, melting point 230ºC (446ºF)
- Core is resistant to cuts, impacts, abrasion, fire, and acids
- Lightweight and compact, carry on harness or in a pocket
- Sheath provides smooth handling and protects surfaces
- Firm and flexible, easy to manipulate for hard to reach places
- High strength opens options for choker configuration (girth hitch)
- 3 year lifespan (UV exposure), +2 years when stored in dark, dry place
- EN 795:2012 Type B
- EN 354:2010
- CEN TS 16415:2013 (2 people)
100 cm, 150 cm, 200 cm, 50 cm