The Singing Tree Rope Wrench (STRW) is a tree climbing device used to create a ‘bend’ in the rope, above the climber’s hitch. With the addition of a stiff tether, the STRW creates multiple points of contact on a single line of rope. This system travels with the climb as they move around the tree, allowing a consistent level of friction on the hitch, which is impossible to achieve in double rope climbing.
The Singing Tree Rope Wrench is meant to be used by Arborists servicing, accessing, or maintaining trees in conjunction with a Single Rope Technique (SRT) configuration. The Rope Wrench is a friction control device that allows a climber to ascend and descend a single rope without changing equipment. When used as part of a secure hitch based climbing system, it allows the climber to smoothly control the rate of descent by adding friction to the climbing system.
The Rope Wrench is NOT:
- A life support device. However, it is a load-bearing device that may bear more than 50% of the climbers weight during the climb
- For use without a life supporting friction hitch or similar device that will immediately stop descent in an emergency situation
- For use by persons novice to SRT techniques
- Rope diameter range: 11-13mm (7/16-1/2 inch)
- Minimum Breaking Strength (MBS): 24kN (5395 lbf)
- Rope Wrench Material: Aluminum
- Rope Wrench Finish: Anodised
- Rope Wrench Weight: 128g (5 oz)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.