rockSteel Autolock Carabiner
The Rock Exotica rockSteel carabiner offers a surprising strength-to-weight ratio in a carabiner of its capacity. Most steel carabiners are made from 1/2 inch diameter steel. Rock Exotica uses a lighter, 7/16 inch diameter steel that is heat treated for added strength. The narrow, asymmetric “D” shape concentrates the load along the spine, which maximizes the strength of the carabiner along the major axis.
- Autolock Gate: Safe self locking gate requires three movements to open and locks closed automatically.
- CE Certification: Testing performed by an independent lab to ensure the product meets the appropriate specification.
- Certification: Certified to ANSI Z359.12 – Connecting Components for Personal Fall Arrest Systems
- Certification: Certified to EN 12275 – Mountaineering Equipment – Carabiners
- Certification: Certified to EN 362 – Personal Fall Protection Equipment – Connectors
- Certification: Certified to NFPA 1983 – Standard on Life Safety Rope and Equipment for Emergency Services – General Use
- Subdued Color: Available in black for tactical military and police operations.
Like the Rock Exotica aluminum carabiners, the rockSteel frames are CNC machined for precise fittings and exact tolerances. The result is a carabiner with a high strength-to-weight ratio, keylock snag-resistant nose and a feel like no other steel carabiner in the world.
The rockSteel autolock carabiner is both ANSI Z359.12-2009 and NFPA 1983-2017 General Use compliant. The gate/sleeve is rated at 16kN or 3600 lbs, to protect against inward force against gate.
The carabiner is available with the following gate openings:
- ANSI Z359.12-2009 Auto-Lock: A three stage automatic locking carabiner. This gate required three motions to open like a non-ANSI Z359.12-2009 carabiner but is much stronger. The ANSI gate adds improved minimum strength to the gate of the carabiner. For an ANSI gate, the gate must meet a minimum breaking strength of 16 kN (3,600 lbs) when a load is applied to the gate face, side loading of the gate, and minor access. Before this version of the ANSI standard, the carabiner only had to withstand a gate face load of 1kN (220 lbs), gate side load of 1.55kN (350 lbs).
- Screw-Lock: A screw lock carabiner is the classic locking gate. It has a screw locking mechanism that is turned by hand to lock or unlock the carabiner. This is very useful in situations where the carabiner must be opened and closed repeatedly such as during rigging. It is also useful in tactical situations since manipulating the gate is silent.
- Narrow asymmetric “D” shape optimizes minimum breaking strength (MBS)
- High strength-to-weight ratio in standard size carabiner
- Snag-resistant keylock nose design
- Large and ergonomic angled gate opening
- CNC machined frame ensures tight tolerances and smooth operation
- Rock Exotica rockSteel 3-Stage Auto Lock Carabiner
- Major Axis MBS: 50kN
- Gate Opening: 30mm (1.2 inch)
- Weight: 246g (8.8 oz)
- Colors: Silver, Black
- Certification: CE, EN12275, EN362, ANSI Z359.12-2009, NFPA 1983-2017 General Use
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.